Singapore Adventure

Monday, August 07, 2006

Not Even
by venitha

I don't want to go back to Singapore.

Not even to sleep in my own bed.

Not even to stop living out of a suitcase.

Not even for welcome-back sushi.

Not even for Thai mangoes and pineapples.

Not even to live without a car and to be oblivious to $3/gallon gasoline.

Not even for the bliss of not hearing GW on the radio every day.

Not even for our National Day party on Wednesday, enjoying the fireworks from our rooftop with all our wonderful Singapore friends.

Not even for the next three weeks in Singapore and with my sister and 8-year-old niece.

Not even for Womad.

Not even for the travels Jim and I have planned for the next year, to Cambodia, Vietnam, India, and Indonesia.

Not even to have interesting stuff to blog about.

Not even... to be with Jim?

Well, hell. My shuttle leaves at dark o'clock tomorrow morning, and 24 hours later, I'll be back "home" in Singapore.

venitha