Singapore Adventure

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Let The Countdown Begin
by venitha

  • 10 hours til we dig through the candy bowls at 's emigration check to find the best flavor, lemon yellow.
  • 32 hours til I see the majestic Rocky Mountains. America The Beautiful.
  • 34 hours til I kiss my beloved mother-in-law's cheek. God bless Marilyn.
  • 2 days til I get to shop for clothing that will fit me. God bless Eddie Bauer.
  • 3 days til I get my hair cut by a competent professional. Overly harsh? Unwarrantedly bitter? I have suffered greatly, and I have the photos to prove it.
  • 4 days til I get to be driven into the ground by go for a morning run with Sue. I barely kept up with her on our last run, in sea-level Bali, so I'll have my work cut out for me in mile-high Colorado.
  • 6 days til I bask in the love at a Colorado family gathering.
  • 11 days til I get the hardware removed from my knee. Think they'll let me keep it? Think I'll still be able to walk?
  • 14 days til I am treated to a feast cooked up by my favorite Chinese chef. Mmmm... dumplings... we are having dumplings, right?
  • 15 days til I cuddle my little sister's adorable son, whose age has more than tripled since the last time I cuddled him. I feel like my age has tripled as well.
  • 16 days til I hug my parents. Hi, Mom!
  • 16 days til I drink Wisconsin cherry beer, eat cheese curds, and savor frozen custard. Good thing I've been eating so healthily in Asia that I can afford to splurge a bit.
  • 19 days til I cheer on the Brewers at Milwaukee's Miller Park.
  • 3 weeks til I sleep in my brother's new home. Here's to repatriated cheeseheads!
  • 4 weeks til Singapore's National Day, when I return to 41-year-old Singapore and my beloved husband, my older sister and my 8-year-old niece in tow.
  • 5 weeks til we all four go to Phuket. Sawadee, Thailand!
  • 6 weeks til I turn 38 and collapse in exhaustion from a really wonderful summer.

venitha