Singapore Adventure

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

But, Of Course!
by venitha

I promise more on Bangkok tomorrow, so keep singing that song. If you don't know what song I'm talking about, be very thankful and instead sing Happy Birthday to me.

In the meantime, though, just look at these men, eight of them, slaving furiously away under the noon-time Singapore sun. What can possibly warrant such diligence and industry?

Three-dimensional conveyor-belt sushi?

...

A new chicken rice place to put nearby Wee Nam Kee to shame?

...

Another maternity shop or children's music school to balance out the offerings at United Square?

...

A Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory? Hey, it's my birthday; I can dream.

...

Aha! Caffeine! But, of course! I should have known.

This is along my five-minute walk from home to the MRT, but, tragically, no drinking allowed on the train.

venitha aka The Birthday Girl