Singapore Adventure

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Harper's On Colorado
by venitha

  • Number of days I spent in Colorado: 10
  • Number of days that it snowed: 5
  • Number of miles I drove: 813
  • Number of miles I flew (roundtrip from Singapore to Denver): 18739
  • Radio voice I've missed (and continue to miss) the most: Bob Edwards
  • Radio voice I've missed the least: George W. Bush
  • Artist most commonly gracing my rental car's CD player: Dido
  • Number of suppers I ate that included asparagus: 4
  • Number of Wendy's Frostys I ate: 1
  • Number of Girl Scout cookies I ate: scads
  • My/Jim's/Kalyn's/no one's favorite Girl Scout cookie: Caramel Delites/Thin Mints/Caramel Delites/Reduced-fat Lemon Pastry Cremes
  • Calories in one Caramel Delite cookie, in spite of its clever subliminal spelling: 70
  • Number of babies (born in our 9-month US absence) I kissed: 2, Kate (precious) and Sarah (adorable)
  • Appliances I could have kissed good-bye: the lightning-fast 15-year-old washing machine, the gas grill, and the treadmill
  • Number of nearly sweat-free miles I ran: 35
  • Number of doctor's appointments I had: 4
  • Number of times I loudly and publicly said the word fuck upon being informed that United Healthcare claims my health insurance was terminated at the end of 2005: 5
  • Number of times I have loudly and publicly said the word fuck in Singapore, completely unrelated to my nemesis, United Healthcare: scads
  • US dollars that United Healthcare has deducted from my 2006 paychecks in premiums: 169
  • Best present I brought back for myself: 1Gig SD card
  • Best present I brought back for Jim (my take): manly man-purse
  • Best present I brought back for Jim (his take): Thin Mint cookies
  • Number of nights Jim and I both slept in our bed in Singapore in March, including last night, when Jim arrived back from Taipei at 8pm and I arrived back from Colorado at 2:30am: 3
  • Number of days Jim and I both slept in our bed in Singapore in March, including today (far less exciting than it sounds): 2

venitha