Singapore Adventure

Monday, December 04, 2006

YEAHYEAHYEAH
by venitha

Jim's had a frantic several days at work, playing whack-a-mole inching toward release of the latest camera, negotiating an exit from his current job, and searching for sanctioned Ft Collins employment, all while battling a nasty cold.

We are aiming for a move date of Jan 31st.

He's sedately professional in the official e-mail to his group at work. When I query for the glorious details over , however, although he's miles away, I can see the ear-to-ear grin and the fists pumped triumphantly - Yes! - in the air.

yeah, mia! YEAH YEAHYEAHYEAH

I'm grinning ear-to-ear myself, and I look around our living room, fighting the urge to start packing. My eyes caress pictures of beloved family we'll soon get to see and land on two small desk calendars side-by-side: from our local community center, the twelfth in a year of months ripped savagely off in satisfaction, December 2006; and from Cold Storage, the gift of the year ahead, January 2007.

:*

I kiss Jim good-bye and go in search of a marker that is big enough... red enough... fat enough... to mark off these remaining days.

venitha